Monday, October 24, 2016

Book Talk at the North Highlands-Antelope Public Library

Last year I did this event at the Rancho Cordova Library. It was pretty cool. A bunch of people showed up, some whom I've never met, and many friends from the community.

My book, El Tiburon, is set in Antigua, Guatemala. Before I wrote the book Joe and I went there for a month for language school. I was won over by the people and the history. After a month I had a good feel for the town's layout and the daily vibe. We were there during Semana Santa (Easter Week), which I used for several scenes. We returned for another month of language school and to be the Godparents for our Godson's wedding. That was a great event for us. We were able to be part of the community. We still stood out like sore thumbs, but it was really great. (Check out my travel blog; A Dashing Bold Adventure in November 2009 & August 2013).

I will bring textiles, photos of the city inside the garbage dump, and various items. I will also bring books for you to purchase IF you want to, but I would love it if you came to this event even if you already have El Tiburon. I will also be donating a book to the library.

I also want to remind my audio-readers that El Tiburon was released back in August. Let me know if you would like to review it and I'll get you a copy. I only have a couple of free copies, so make sure you get in touch with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment