Sunday, April 19, 2015

El Tiburon's Baby Steps Towards Publication

A drizzly day in Italy


Each step of this publishing journey is new to me. I find myself getting excited over every detail. My book cover was cool, but I kept waiting to see it in the "Coming Soon" section at Vinspire Publishing. I waited. I began to wonder if this was all a fairy tale and no one was going to actually publish it...and then I clicked on the tab and down in the bottom left-hand corner was my book! I don't actually know when "Soon" is, but I'm guessing this fall.

But I was still surprised (and a little disappointed) I wasn't listed under "Our Authors". I know, I know, I'm getting demanding, but I couldn't help myself. I wanted to be on that list so bad :)  And then a couple of days ago Dawn Carrington, Editor-in-Chief, asked for some photos and my bio. I sent them off, checked a couple of days later, and there I was!

Now I'm wondering when I'll get my manuscript back to make the million corrections I'm sure are forthcoming. Right now it's in the mysterious dark abyss of the editor's office.

3 comments:

  1. Your publishing day will come before you know it. Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is right, Heidi! it's difficult to be patient, I know, but you'll get there!

      Delete
  2. Thanks A.J. and Dawn...I don't mind the wait really. It's kind of like waiting in line for a roller-coaster ride you've heard is really wild and fun. The anticipation is part of the experience.

    ReplyDelete